Warning: file_get_contents(https://cloud.iexapis.com/stable/stock/SWBI/quote?token=pk_6703c8803d8c4788a6fd963c50a82c51): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 402 Payment Required in /srv/users/possiblepromise/apps/possiblepromise/public/wp-content/themes/breakthrough-pro/functions.php on line 827
Warning: file_get_contents(https://cloud.iexapis.com/stable/stock/PFBC/quote?token=pk_6703c8803d8c4788a6fd963c50a82c51): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 402 Payment Required in /srv/users/possiblepromise/apps/possiblepromise/public/wp-content/themes/breakthrough-pro/functions.php on line 827
Your trading decisions should be based on research and an informed assumption. If you find yourself relying on hope, then you probably haven’t made a good decision. In episode 11, Brandon and Christine will be discussing why you should keep hope out of your trading.
- All the indices were up at least 1% today, with the NASDAQ up over 2%.
- Despite that, volatility at the time of broadcasting was only down mildly for the day.
- July and August tend to be a time of higher volatility.
06:33 – Weekly Stock Picks
- I sold () today, at an over 30% profit.
- [stock_symbol symbol=”SPY”/] touched our short strike today at $317, but as we discussed last week, that’s not necessarily a bad sign.
- My option pick for the day was [stock_symbol symbol=”XLU”/], the utilities ETf, specifically a call credit spread expiring 8/21 with 59/61 strikes. I was able to get a fill at $0.54.
- My earnings pick was (). They are expected to report $0.79 per share earnings on July 15, but may beat by 26%. Last quarter they had a 5.88% surprise on earnings.
18:16 – There’s No Room for Hope in the Market
- You can’t just jump on some hyped up stock and hope to make money.
- If it works, it’s pure luck, akin to gambling.
- If someone else recommends a stock to you, even if it’s a reputable service, you need to do your own due diligence.
- Otherwise, if things go against you, you’ll be clinging to hope and not much more; whereas if you do your own research, you’ll have good reasons for thinking it will move in your favor.
- When you have nothing but hope to hold onto, you’re much more likely to panic sell. But if you have a well-founded assumption, you’ll be more likely to hold on as long as that assumption remains valid.
- You have to also know when to cut your losses and realize when a trade is extremely unlikely to turn around.
- If you don’t want to spend the time doing your own research, then you can buy into index ETFs ([stock_symbol symbol=”VOO”/], [stock_symbol symbol=”VTI”/]), or specific sector ETFs ([stock_symbol symbol=”XLK”/], [stock_symbol symbol=”QQQ”/]).
- Or if you have a large portfolio, you can pay for someone to manage it for you, which is often a good middle-of-the-road approach.
- With anything, you’ll get out of it what you put in. The more time and energy you put in, the more potential profits you can get out.
To join us live every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12PM Eastern, just go here: www.possiblepromise.com/live